About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
We are a married gay couple starting on the path of parenthood! This place will be used for us to share our experience, the feelings, the questions and the advice we need!!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Week 2 - Gone....but not forgotten

Alrighty Kids! Poppa needs some motivation!

Today, was my second weigh in day on the Weight Watchers program and I lost 1.6 lbs bringing my total loss to 6.4 lbs in 2 weeks.

I feel almost defeated like I should have lost more. I have worked the program tirelessly and can see a difference somewhat in my outward appearance. What I don't see is the numbers on the scale...............

Maybe I should just not weigh myself at all until my weigh in day. I find myself weighing myself multiple times per day, becoming obsessed with the number on that black sheet of glass. An ounce or two more than my expectations sends me over the edge. I want....no I HAVE to do this. I can not fail this time.

From my original weight in 2006 of 331 lbs, I am now 227 which is 104 lbs lighter. Maybe I need to stop relying on numbers and start focusing on how I feel. Then that asks the question.............what do I feel.

I feel a little more energy, I get into a zone when I am working out, I don't crave things I would eat on a daily basis like candy or pastries. I have significantly cut back on my soda intake from 8 servings per day, to a maximum of 2.

If I can successfully keep my ass off of the scale for this week, I may get a better result on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment